I really enjoyed putting together the Sound Effect Story during our audio week that I decided to weave it into my story!
However this time, mostly because I didn’t have access to many of these effects, I downloaded the effects off of freesound.org.
After downloading all the sound effects I needed for the story I imported all of them to audacity.
Next I cut out individual segments and dragged them into place to create the sequence of events of a man decapitating a chicken with a hatchet. Getting the actual noise of the chicken head getting cut off was difficult to nail down. I ended up lining up many effects including a man chopping wood, the sound of chicken bones breaking, and someone cutting meat, to achieve the desired effect.
Then last I exported the project as an mp3 file.